Presenter: Ramandeep Makhija
Python is open-sourced, interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language. It is easy to learn and very user-friendly because of its simple syntax and readable code. The best way to learn a programming language is to do something useful, therefore this hands-on introductory workshop will cover:
– Basic data types
– Creating and assigning values to a variable
– Using a function
– Import a Python library and use its functions
– Read tabular data from a csv file
– Select individual values and subsections from data
– Perform operations on arrays of data
No prior knowledge is required.
This workshop is open to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff.
This workshop will be offered in-person in Hesburgh Library, room 246.
There is a limit of 15 participants for this workshop. Registration must be completed by September 16. Register Now!