- 6th to 8th-grade teachers in schools within the South Bend – Elkhart region.
- Teachers of science and/or math. Teachers of engineering (e.g. Project Lead the Way), integrated STEM, or computer science technology may also be eligible to apply.
- Applicants must apply as a grade and subject-based team. For example, if a school has more than one math teacher per grade, all math teachers for that grade must be part of the team.
- Accepted applicants must commit to attending each day of the summer immersion institute held in-person at the University of Notre Dame.
- Accepted applicants must commit to producing and delivering a minimum of 5 lesson plans during the school year. Fellows can also request approval to produce and deliver 5 additional lesson plans for the school year. Fellows will be compensated for each additional lesson plan produced and delivered (see Program Beneﬁts for details on compensation).
- Accepted applicants must commit to working with their advisory team to monitor and evaluate the efﬁcacy of the lesson plans through the course of the school year.
- Accepted applicants must intend to remain teaching at their existing school for the duration of the school year.
All applicants must provide a letter of support from their principal approving their full participation in the program as part of the application process.