AnalytiXIN Student Summer Internship for Graduate and Undergraduate Students
The Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society invites applications for the AnalytiXIN Summer Internship program to engage with Indiana companies who have committed to grow their digital and analytics capabilities through the development of skilled workforces at all levels.
These Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP) companies provide a dynamic experiential learning environment for summer internship opportunities for STEM students to work with industry leaders in different sectors such as manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, life sciences, automotive, financial services and insurance. You will have an opportunity to pursue solutions in data science, analytics, and cybersecurity to help solve complex challenges in the aforementioned sectors. The AnalytiXIN Summer Interns will be hosted at the 16 Tech Innovation District or the host Company office in Indianapolis. The funding for the internship includes stipend as well as housing support. The internship period will be between 6-8 weeks. Depending on the progress made during the internship period and approval of the Company and the faculty mentor, the student may continue with the project during the academic year on-campus.
Interns put inquiry and theory into practice with Indiana companies’ business and research leaders. Interns not only advance their own careers, but they also contribute to exciting research and development strides. During the internship, students will participate in cohort learning opportunities, collaborate with other interns and researchers on data science centric problems, present their findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the AnalytiXIN community. They will also have the opportunity to interact with other innovators, start-up companies, etc. that are housed in the 16 Tech Innovation District. The 16 Tech is a “fast-growing network of dynamic spaces, programming, tenants and partners are creating an ecosystem where bold ideas and emerging enterprises can thrive.”
- Application Deadline: March 25, 2022
- Finalist Interviews: April 4-8, 2022
- Awarded Internships Announced: April 22, 2022
- Internship Start Date: June 1, 2022 (duration of 6 - 8 weeks)
- Must be currently enrolled at Notre Dame as an undergraduate student or in a research master’s degree program or PhD program in a STEM discipline.
- Interns must be available for Indianapolis location residence during the internship period.
Benefits and Perks
- Summer intern stipends
- Housing at Indianapolis for AnalytiXIN interns
- Use of workspace at HqO, the innovation hub of 16 Tech, designed to foster innovation, creativity and connection. It includes private and flexible workspaces, a makerspace and an artisan marketplace.
- Opportunity to participate in data science training
- Data Science centric relationship building with some of Indiana’s most forward looking Companies.
Key Points of Contact
- Prof. Valentina (Valya) Kuskova (firstname.lastname@example.org), Managing Director, Notre Dame AnalytXIN site in Indianapolis
- Prof. Fanny Ye (email@example.com), AnalytiXIN Fellow, Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society and Collegiate Associate Professor of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Natalie Meyers (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Director of Operations, Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society
- Katie Liu (email@example.com), Research Program Manager, Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society
- March 25, 2022 Application Deadline
- April 4-8, 2022 Finalist Interviews
- April 22, 2022 Awarded Internships Announced
- Start Date: June 1, 2022 (duration of 6 - 8 weeks)