The Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society invites applications for the AnalytiXIN Summer Internship program to engage with Indiana companies who have committed to grow their digital and analytics capabilities through the development of skilled workforces at all levels.
These Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP) companies, as well as startups located throughout the state, provide a dynamic experiential learning environment for summer internship opportunities for students interested in STEM to work with industry leaders in different sectors such as manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, life sciences, automotive, financial services and insurance. You will have an opportunity to pursue solutions in data science, analytics, and cybersecurity to help solve complex challenges in the aforementioned sectors. The AnalytiXIN Summer Interns will be hosted at the 16 Tech Innovation District, or the host Company office in Indianapolis or South Bend. The funding for the internship includes a stipend as well as housing support. The internship period will be 8 weeks, starting about June 1st. Depending on the progress made during the internship period and the approval of the Company and the faculty mentor, the student may continue with the project during the academic year on campus. AnalytixIN and/or the Company may provide funding in support of the longer-term engagement.
Interns put inquiry and theory into practice with Indiana companies’ business and research leaders. Interns not only advance their own careers, but they also contribute to exciting research and development strides. During the internship, students will participate in cohort learning opportunities, collaborate with other interns and researchers on data science centric problems, present their findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the AnalytiXIN community. They will also have the opportunity to interact with other innovators, start-up companies, etc. that are housed in the 16 Tech Innovation District. The 16 Tech is a “fast-growing network of dynamic spaces, programming, tenants and partners are creating an ecosystem where bold ideas and emerging enterprises can thrive.”
Students who are interested in health equity initiatives are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application Deadline: The selection process will start immediately and will continue until April 20, 2023 or until all positions are filled
- Awarded Internships will be announced on a rolling basis
- Internship Dates: June 1, 2023 – July 28, 2023
- Must be a current graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited university
- Interns must be available for Indianapolis / South Bend location residence during the internship period.
Benefits and Perks
- Summer intern stipends
- Housing at Indianapolis for AnalytiXIN interns
- Use of workspace at HqO, the innovation hub of 16 Tech, designed to foster innovation, creativity, and connection. It includes private and flexible workspaces, a maker space, and an artisan marketplace.
- Opportunity to participate in data science training
- Data Science centric relationship building with some of Indiana’s most forward-looking Companies.
For More Information
Please contact Dr. Valentina (Valya) Kuskova (email@example.com), Managing Director, Notre Dame AnalytXIN site in Indianapolis