Lucy Regional Industry Analytics Summer Internships
Co-sponsored by iNDustry Labs and the Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society
- Facilitated by the Applied Analytics and Emerging Technology Lab (AETL) within the Lucy Family Institute and iNDustry Labs
- Notre Dame graduate, undergraduate STEM students work with industry sectors such as manufacturing, computing, financial services.
- Applied business use cases in data science, analytics, software engineering to help solve complex challenges
- Interns placed with companies in the South Bend-Elkhart Region committed to grow their digital and analytics capabilities.
- Hosted weekly in AETL with focused mentorship, training from AETL and iNDustry Labs to augment mentorship from assigned companies.
- Summer salary provided by the Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society including stipend and housing support on campus at Notre Dame.
- The internship period of 8-10 weeks, starting about June 1st.
The Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society and iNDustry Labs invite applications for the Lucy Regional Industry Analytics Summer Internship program facilitated by the Applied Analytics and Emerging Technology Lab (AETL) within the Lucy Family Institute. Interns will be placed on-site with companies within the South Bend-Elkhart Region that have committed to growing their digital and analytics capabilities of skilled workforces at all levels.
These companies provide a dynamic experiential learning environment for summer internship opportunities for STEM students to work with industry leaders in different sectors such as manufacturing, computing, and financial services. You will have an opportunity to pursue solutions in data science, analytics, and software engineering to help solve complex challenges in the aforementioned sectors. The Lucy Regional Industry Analytics Summer Interns (Lanterns) will be hosted weekly in AETL with focused mentorship and training from AETL and iNDustry Labs to augment mentorship provided by internship-assigned companies. The funding for the internship includes a stipend as well as housing support on campus at the University of Notre Dame. The internship period will be 8-10 weeks, starting about June 1st. Depending on the progress made during the internship period and the approval of the Company and the faculty mentor, the student may continue with the project during the academic year on campus. iNDustry Labs, AETL, and/or the Company may provide funding in support of the longer-term engagement.
Interns put inquiry and theory into practice with regional companies’ business and research leaders. Interns not only advance their own careers, but also contribute to exciting research and development strides. During the internship, students will participate in cohort learning opportunities, collaborate with other interns and researchers on applied data science-centric and business-focused problems, and present their findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the Lucy Family Institute and iNDustry Labs community. They will also have the opportunity to interact with other innovators, companies, faculty, and students that work with AETL and iNDustry Labs.
- Application Deadline: The selection process will start immediately and will continue until February 8th, 2023 or until all positions are filled
- Pre-screening: Student pre-screening by AETL will take place on a rolling basis and will conclude by March 1st, 2023
- Company Matching and Internships Awarded: Interviews with companies during March 1st-20th with offers by the end of March
- Internship Dates*: June 1, 2023 - July 28, 2023
- Must be currently enrolled at Notre Dame as an undergraduate student or in a research master’s degree program or Ph.D. program in a STEM discipline continuing through Fall 2023.
- Interns must be available for South Bend-Elkhart location residence during the internship period.
- Interns must provide personal transportation to and from internship company sites.
Benefits and Perks
- Summer intern stipends
- Housing on campus at the University of Notre Dame for interns
- Meal plan options are available for purchase through the University
- Use of workspace at AETL for workshops in Flanner Hall, in the Lucy Family Institute which is a vibrant working environment with a start-up mindset.
- Opportunity to participate in data science training
- Data Science centric relationship building with some of the region’s most forward-looking Companies.
For More Information
Please contact Associate Professor of the Practice, Rick Johnson, Managing Director of AETL, (email@example.com).
*If dates go beyond July 28, 2023 interns will be responsible for their own housing
- Application Deadline: The selection process will start immediately and will continue until Feburary 1st, 2023 or until all positions are filled
- Awarded Internships Announced: Selection will take place on a rolling basis and will conclude by March 1st, 2023
- Internship Start Date: June 1, 2023 - July 28, 2023