Presenter: Ramandeep Makhija
Python is open-sourced, interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language. It is easy to learn and very user-friendly because of its simple syntax and readable code. The best way to learn a programming language is to do something useful, therefore this hands-on introductory workshop will cover:
- Basic data types
- Creating and assigning values to a variable
- Using a function
- Import a Python library and use its functions
- Read tabular data from a csv file
- Select individual values and subsections from data
- Perform operations on arrays of data
No prior knowledge is required. This workshop is open to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff.
This workshop will be offered in-person in Hesburgh Library. There is a limit of 15 participants for this workshop. Register Now!
Registration must be completed by 10:00 am on Tuesday, January 17th.